The Whitney Museum of American Art
Reporting to the Chief Communications and Content Officer (CCCO), the Social Media Manager will be responsible for the Museum’s social media channels. The manager will implement the Museum’s social media strategy, working alongside a writer/content producer to draft, produce and publish posts. The Whitney’s social media channels distill and amplify the museum’s programming, voice, values and institutional stories. The ideal candidate is innately curious, has a passion for art history, writing and storytelling, coupled with experience producing excellent social media content.
- Work with creative teams (Copywriter/Content writer, Graphic Design, Digital Media) to develop, schedule and implement social media campaigns and editorial calendars across all social media platforms and owned channels
- Execute day-to-day content and communications for the Whitney’s social media platforms using established brand personality
- Liaise with inter-departmental stakeholders to source content that can be used for the Whitney’s social channels
- Proven ability to create and develop on-brand content and stories on a daily basis. (video, graphic, live broadcast)
- Monitor social media on a daily basis and engage in conversations on behalf of the brand. Connect with the Whitney’s audience, create meaningful relationships
- Monitor, product and analyze daily social listening reports
- Stay up-to-date with emerging social media trends, new platforms and channels, industry developments and research
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in social media, digital marketing or content development
- Strong, sophisticated omni-channel writing, with track record of writing for social media in the arts/culture related vertical
- Creative thinker, with a proven ability and desire to draft and develop on-brand content and stories on a daily basis
- Keen eye to elevate the tone, voice, and overall look and feel of the Whitney’s social channels
- Team player who can work collaboratively with stakeholders from other departments
- Strong strategic, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn, work, and grow within a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Understanding of the digital advertising and social media ecosystems
- Experience with scheduling platforms like Sprout Social, Sprinklr, etc. and social listening software e.g. Meltwater
- Experience with photography, photo editing, video editing and Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of the arts, particularly 20th-century American and contemporary art
About the Whitney
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
To apply for this job please visit whitneymuseumofamericanart.applytojob.com.