11Alive, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is looking for a dynamic social media expert to help engage our audience with our broadcast show content and talent on multiple platforms as well as optimize and grow the 11Alive YouTube Channel. The Social Content Producer will create content that takes our audience on a journey throughout platforms (digital, social, TV) and help our journalism reach a wider audience through edited images, video and/or audio elements based on station style guidelines. The content creation begins on digital and social platforms, continues on our broadcast shows, and then goes back across social platforms, including YouTube. On YouTube, this person curates content, writes video headlines and descriptions with SEO in mind and executes strategies under the direction of the Managing Editor of Digital to grow subscribers, views and revenue.
The ideal candidate has worked on the broadcast side as a producer and has worked directly in a digital/social team. They love creating video for numerous platforms, can analyze data in real-time to make content choices, and has experience in coaching teammates. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can design the next iteration of our digital video storytelling strategy on our YouTube channel and social media accounts. This person is a self-starter with excellent communication skills who thrives on experimenting with the latest tips, tools and research.
The Social Content Producer will work with show teams (including the executive producer and the digital teams) to come up with daily plans of action on all social and digital platforms leading up to newscasts. The Social Content Producer will also have a plan in place for maximizing show content across platforms after the show airs.
- Work closely with the broadcast EPs on execution of social media strategy to promote various on-air franchises throughout social media and digital platforms.
- Identity and create content for digital and social platforms as well as broadcast shows
- Work with key talent as assigned to develop content that promotes and engages their profile and their broadcast position.
- Monitor and engage in day-to-day social media conversations
- Run and moderate daily social media live streams
- Curate and optimize channel clips and original video for YouTube
- Edit and post video content packaged perfectly for each social platform as well as TV.
- Create weekly and monthly social media analytics reports
- Monitor social media best practices and provide proactive recommendations
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
- Other duties as assigned by the senior news leadership team
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.