Website High Museum of Art
Coordinates media relations and publicity activities to promote the High Museum of Art and its programs, exhibitions and events to drive attendance and attract new audiences.
• Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with some evenings and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work with Manager to develop strategies and tactics that help position the High Museum locally, regionally and nationally.
• Work with HMA departments to develop story ideas, publicity materials and determine annual and ongoing PR needs
• Assist Manager in writing timelines and PR strategies for specific exhibitions/projects
• Develop story ideas, write press releases, pitch media, and book interviews
• Serve as one of the High’s main media contacts, organizing/fulfilling daily media requests and needs
• Attend and/or organize meetings to gather information for coordination of publicity
• Call upon lending organizations, partners and curatorial departments for background materials for preparation of media materials
• Undertake projects as assigned, including inbound and outbound media tours, media event planning, development of alliances with arts groups and businesses
• Maintain relationships with media and follow media trends and reporting
• Assist in management and execution of social media influencer program
• Manage distribution of e-mail correspondence with media
• Manage and update media contacts database and media kit files
• Maintain press clip archives
• Responsible for content in online Press Room
• Assist with posting website/social media content when needed
• Coordinate content cross-departmentally for special exhibition pages online and dedicated micro sites
• Represent museum at community functions and events
• Other projects as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.woodruffcenter.org.