World Affairs Council of Atlanta
The World Affairs Council of Atlanta organizes more than 50 programs a year; the program coordinator is an essential part of the programming team as they assist with the management of the logistical needs of each program allowing the program manager and director to focus on strategy, fundraising, and relationship building.
The program coordinator helps supervise the Council’s unpaid interns and part-time program coordinators by communicating the needs and deadlines for the various programs.
The program coordinator also serves as a key contact with Council members organizing Members Forums and Young Leader programs to allow the program manager and program director to focus on higher-level Council programming.
The program coordinator also assists the associate to the director with administrative tasks such as invoicing (payables and receivables) and contract routing (ensuring vendors provide all necessary documents for timely payment processing).
Duties will include:
- Work with part-time program coordinators to ensure that program logistics are managed efficiently so that programs run smoothly day-of; logistics include: registration set-up, guest-list maintenance, drafting and printing program materials (program booklets, speaker talking points, place cards, etc.), audio-visual needs, food/beverage set up, collecting registrations fees for walk-ins and ensuring the funds are given to associate to the director for processing in a timely and secure manner.
- The program manager will continue to oversee all high profile programs but the program coordinator would oversee monthly briefings, members’ forums, and young leader programs.
- Responsible for program technology including managing the registration systems (whether TouchNet, Wild Apricot’s Affinipay, or other).
- Assisting with the design and printing of program materials (nametags, booklets, flyers and other marketing materials).
- Posting program information on Council’s website ensuring that it remains updated.
- Ensure that program photos and videos are received from vendors and posted to Council’s website and/or social media accounts in a timely manner; assist with editing of video and photos, if needed.
- Work with Associate to the Director in supporting Council members and Young Leaders in the planning and organizing of Members Forums and Young Leader Programs (overseeing program logistical needs, ensuring topics align with Council mission and strategic plan, managing day-of needs, managing vendor relationships/communications, and post-event financial reporting).
- Prepare post-event financial reconciliation and reports for review by program director and program manager and used by associate to the director for financial reporting to the Council’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for use and accurate and timely reporting use of Council’s Purchasing Card.
- Follow-up with program vendors and sponsors to ensure invoices are received and paid in a timely manner (both accounts payable (e.g., vendor invoices) and receivables (e.g., program sponsor invoices).
- Update Council’s invoice and check log with details of outstanding program sponsor invoices as they are sent out for payment with accurate contact information for associate to the director’s use in record keeping.
- Work with outside organizations (bi-lateral chambers of commerce, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, state and local government officials, GSU and other universities and corporations) to promote sales of tables and individual tickets to Council programs.
- Contact and coordinate with the offices of senior executives, diplomats, international leaders, and experts regarding program speaking engagements and attendance.
- Assist Membership Manager with supervision of Council interns who support both membership and programming staff.
- Communicate programming needs to interns (e.g., on-site requirements such as managing registration tables, escorting guests to seats, etc.), assigning tasks such as research on potential topics/speakers, coordinating recruitment of program volunteers when needed, etc.
To apply for this job please visit gsu.taleo.net.