Events & Volunteer Coordinator
Part Time Position
Reports to: Production Manager & Executive Director
Job Description: Engage, equip, and empower volunteers (Visionaries) through systems to create remarkable events.
The Events & Volunteer Coordinator (EVC) will maintain aspects of programming at Elm Street surrounding events, hospitality, and volunteerism. The EVC reports to the Executive Director and the Production Manager, collaborates with various departments and works actively with members of the Visionary (volunteer) Teams at Elm Street. By coordinating the volunteers (Visionaries), this job demands collaborative skills and flexibility to work with those sacrificing their time and efforts to grow the organization. As the EVC will be working with Professionals and Volunteers, it is required to always maintain a positive attitude in representing Elm Street.
The following are current programs and projects that the EVC will coordinate:
• Volunteer (Visionary) Coordination [50%]
• Recruitment of new volunteers (Visionaries)
• Conduct/Arrange for Visionary orientation and training
• Organize volunteer recognition and special events
• Database and Personnel
• Plan participation in community events
• Events Coordination/Implementation [15%]
• Plan, implement, and execute successful events
• Hire, train, and supervise personnel
• Coordinate and execute All-Visionary Meetings
• Hospitality/Front of House [20%]
• Advance organizational hospitality strategies
• Oversight of Ticketing Systems, Box Office/Check-in, Database upkeep, and overall customer service
• Develop avenues for on-site feedback
• Train and executive effective use of concessions/merchandise, inventory management, and overall sales
• Event Rental Coordination [15%]
• Serve as Point of Contact for most Rentals
• Ensure potential rentals are confirmed, in calendar, quoted, and contracts are fulfilled
• Ensure Rentals are staffed and planned with supplies as appropriate
• Other Duties as Assigned
The following are programs that this role has to the potential to expand into as
the organization and/or this role grows:
• Visual Arts related events & volunteers
Various work hours will be scheduled on an ongoing basis. ~25 Hours/Wk. Weekends and evenings will be required for this job. This position will also fill voids in staffing where demand of time is high.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in arts, management, and/or Non-profit experience.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, social media applications, and emerging media.
• Knowledge in Salesforce, Square, WordPress preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into recruitment strategies and tactics that will drive performance.
• Positive attitude regardless of situation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The EVC will also participate in events that further the organization as a whole,
particularly surrounding marketing, fundraising, and critical events. The EVC
will also be utilized to disburse pressure amongst staff. For instance, being the “Staff on duty” for critical events.
Elm Street Cultural Arts Village is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to building an inviting and inclusive arts community that celebrates individuality, diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. We invite people of all races, ages, sexual orientations, family or parental statuses and gender expressions as well as those with disabilities to apply. We want to represent diverse communities in our organization and welcome your interest.
Please submit resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements using the form. Elm Street will accept submissions until Oct 30th, but may hire earlier, and as such applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Job Type: Part-Time
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com