Unclaimed Baggage Center
Location: Atlanta, GA or Scottsboro, AL | Employment Type: Full Time | Industry: Retail
About Unclaimed Baggage
Unclaimed Baggage is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience that draws one million visitors annually to its destination retail store in Scottsboro, Alabama from all 50 states and around the world, and millions more to its online shopping site. As the country’s only merchant of unclaimed and lost airline baggage and its contents, Unclaimed Baggage offers a treasure trove of goods that airlines have been unable to reunite with their former owners. In addition to traditional categories like clothing, footwear, jewelry and electronics, shoppers might find anything from a suit of armor and a 40-carat emerald to a Chinese dragon kite and a life-size Jim Henson puppet. The store has made national news in such media outlets as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BuzzFeed and NPR for its ever-changing array of unique items from around the world, all sold at an incredible value. In 2020, this family-owned business celebrated its 50th anniversary and successfully launched its first online store, offering new and existing customers a chance to experience Unclaimed Baggage from the comfort of their own homes.
Unclaimed Baggage also runs a philanthropic program called Reclaimed for Good. The initiative provides charities with millions of dollars’ worth of repurposed clothing, medical supplies, and equipment, such as wheelchairs and eyeglasses. Reclaimed for Good’s Love Luggage initiative has also supported thousands of foster children by providing personalized suitcases to replace the garbage bags many typically use to transport their belongings.
Our mission is to “redeem the lost, unclaimed, and rejected for the glory of God”, and our company values include:
● Servant leadership
● Humble confidence with integrity
● Respectful collaboration
● Consistent innovation, producing works of excellence
● Going the extra mile to serve our valued customers
We offer a casual yet professional work environment, flexibility, great benefits, competitive pay and a close-knit team who cares. We are all about people and seek to foster a culture of collaboration, support and growth. Our headquarters, a modern open-layout office, is located in the Atlanta Galleria Office Park, which is just a stone’s throw from The Battery and Truist (formerly SunTrust) Park, home of the Atlanta Braves, with easy access to the greater Atlanta area. Unclaimed Baggage’s retail and operations facilities are located next to the quaint, downtown square in Scottsboro, Alabama, a charming small town tucked away in the northeast corner of the state, right at the tail end of the Appalachian Mountains and next to the stunning Tennessee River and Lake Guntersville.
With a new and rapidly growing e-commerce channel, Unclaimed Baggage is looking for an experienced Director of Digital Marketing to lead the development and execution of its digital strategy. This role represents a rare opportunity for an experienced digital marketer to make a huge impact right away on a successful e-commerce site with customers from all over America. This individual will be responsible for driving customer growth and retention through online, email, social media, search and other marketing programs, with a cohesive omnichannel approach across its online and brick-and-mortal sales channels. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, creative and organized growth marketer who will jump in and make an immediate impact. This position has the flexibility of being located at our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia or at our retail and operations facility in Scottsboro, Alabama, which is an easy and beautiful commute from both Huntsville and Chattanooga.
- Develop and execute digital strategy across all channels, including website, blog, email, paid and organic social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and paid and organic search/SEO
- Lead multi-channel marketing campaigns, including planning, forecasting, launch, optimization, and performance
- Monitor customer and industry trends to inform future digital marketing objectives
- Maintain and report on channel goals and performance by measuring KPIs, A/B testing, and customer segmentation
- Develop and manage digital marketing budget in collaboration with the senior leadership team
- Lead and manage the marketing team, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring team members with a focus on culture, collaboration and continuous development
- Partner cross-functionally with other departments and external vendors to ensure successful execution of digital strategy with consistent messaging and customer experience
- If in Atlanta, travel on average one day per week to the e-commerce/retail facilities located in Scottsboro, AL
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- At least 5-7 years of successful marketing experience with an emphasis on B2C digital marketing and/or experiential marketing
- Strong knowledge of web technology, metrics, user experience, and marketing techniques
- Strong brand vision, intuition and understanding of the modern retail environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve for tactical issues as well as proven strategic thinking
- Motivated to perform in a challenging, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Creative thinker who can bring new ideas to maintain brand relevance
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible and agile
- Proven multi-tasking ability and strong project management skills
- Strong leadership abilities with player-coach mentality and prior experience leading teams
- Strong analytical skills with ability to generate and apply data insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills with personal integrity and collaborative working style
- Commitment to understanding industry best practices and continuously improving
- Comfortable with 4-6 days of travel per month within the Southeast
- Experience with Klaviyo, Shopify, Google Analytics, Power BI and Excel is a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.