Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, web, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every team from Product to Engineering to Finance to Communications to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp. We’re looking for a Design Administrative Coordinator to join our team to assist our team of Design Directors from each branch of the department: Brand Design, Portfolio Design, Marketing Design, Product Design, and Design Ops. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with — and we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, we would love to hear from you.
This role involves a variety of administrative and support tasks and will help the whole team operate smoothly. This person will be the gatekeeper for Senior Directors & Directors’ schedules, projects, travel, expenses, and juggling a variety of other things that could arise. Flexibility and organizational skills are essential. An ideal candidate has previous administrative experience (bonus points for previous experience with a Design department!) and is looking to grow their career. This candidate should have excellent communication skills and a good balance of confidence and humility. A strong work ethic, ability to be simultaneously detailed and fast, organizational prowess, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key. Your role will be focused on freeing up our Directors’ time from administrative activities, so they can re-allocate that time to work on more strategic and leadership goals. Design Directors are currently all based in Atlanta but this role could potentially provide support across other office locations in the future.
What You’ll Do
- Managing complex, busy calendars for a team of leaders (3-9)
- Working closely with executive assistants, VPs, executives, and employees from all different facets of the company, as well as outside the company
- Coordinating and booking travel
- Managing expense reporting
- Meeting room booking and management
- Arranging catering
- Assisting in identifying opportunities to combine meetings reducing triangulation
- Assisting with Design management leadership initiative tracking
- Collaborating on internal departmental event planning
- Ad hoc support for Design senior leadership/project management (team planning support, distribution list, agendas for check-ins, etc.)
- Keeping notes in Directors’ meetings
- Collaborating with recruiting on interview scheduling
- Assistance with creating agendas, organizing content, and setup for Design department and Leads meetings
- Escorting vendors/partners/guests around the office/to meetings when they visit
- Coordinating with Facilities Department for vendors visiting the office
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Have
- 2+ years relevant experience in an administrative support role. Prior team and/or office management support is required. Experience within Design / Tech / Marketing would be ideal but not required.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving and quick thinking.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role, and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other administrative assistants. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google Suite.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace , extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing . We hire humble , collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market , right on the Atlanta Beltline . If you’d like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.