Website Theater Emory
Assists with the production needs of the Dance and Theater Departments. Oversees the maintenance of costume stock and construction of stock garments. Serves as a resource to student groups with their costume needs and mentors students in costume construction and design. Hires, trains and supervises students. Performs related responsibilities as required.
A bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or a related field and one year of construction and design experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
Theater Emory Costume Shop Coordinator assists Theater Emory Costume Shop Manager in the following:
- Collaborates with Costume Shop manager to execute production costume design, includes garment construction, shopping and procuring show supplies as needed.
- Performs costume construction including muslin mock-ups, patterning, alterations, and assisting with fittings.
- Assists with supervising dress rehearsals, show wardrobe, laundry, and student labor.
- Coordinates and maintains storage and stock at the costume shop and off site location, coordinates costume rentals as needed.
- Acts as Wardrobe supervisor as needed for various productions, requires some evenings and weekend shifts.
Helps maintain costume shop, shop equipment, laundry room and dressing rooms.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with the Theater Emory Costume Shop under the Supervision of the Costume Shop Manager. Candidates must have very strong organizational skills, garment construction skills and experience working in a Theatrical environment. Applicants must be comfortable working with many different people in a variety of settings and locations. The successful candidate understands that the candidate’s schedule will be guided by the fluctuating production schedule. Scheduling will be determined based on the production calendar and production needs. Some lifting of materials and costumes is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.