Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum
The successful candidate will be extremely detail-oriented problem solver and will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must enjoy working with the public in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to cheerfully juggle numerous time-sensitive tasks at once.
MUST BE ABLE TO START FULL TIME IMMEDIATELY.
Event planning, corporate and non-profit organizations.
Events Manager Function:
- Market the venue to the community via social media, attending community events, booking high visibility events, cold calling, visiting meeting planners, maintain existing relationships.
- Conduct daily sales calls, schedule site visits with potential clients
- Expert Knowledge of garden rental program and property
- Book events, write contracts, keep on top of client deadlines, respond to client needs leading up to event. Must be available to work all corporate event rentals. (5pm-end)
- Supervise bar services- manage all in house alcohol related work flow for all bar operations. Constant communication with wedding coordinator and preparation for all wedding alcohol agreements. Order and maintain existing alcohol inventory system with beverage consultant. Process and receive all alcohol deliveries to property. Maintain storage, inventory system and proper paperwork. Order all ancillary products (soda, ice, produce, etc)
- Supervise and serve as an advocate for wedding coordinator, daily contact via email, phone and meetings when needed. Maintain consistent event calendar updates.
- Create annual income forecasts for Events Department to present at Board meetings.
- Write and/or update documents for Events & Wedding rental program.
Community Relations Function:
- Designs and conducts research to Ships of the Sea’s immediate neighbors, hospitality industry partners, and potential partners, and the greater Savannah community at large.
- Work and maintain relationships with preferred and approved list of vendors (particularly rental and catering companies)
- Research and develops appropriate forms of social networking for Museum. Maintains current social media sites (facebook, twitter, trip advisor, The Knot, & Museum website) daily posts and updates
- Expands and maintains hotel/concierge advertising programs. Serve as primary contact for Museum/hotel partnerships
- Develops and expands relationships with other museums and institutions.
- Attends local networking events for industry development and relationships for the future.
- Process paperwork for all for weddings and corporate rentals. Provide receipt after processing & return to client.
- Daily tasks include, email, checking voicemail, and vendor follow up.
- Maintain communication between the rental program and the Museum Director at all times
- Organize all existing event paperwork and files for future referenceEssential Physical Demands:
- This position involves active public engagement with some physical work which would require lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Regular bending, sitting, reaching; ability to read computer screens.
- Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of two hours without a break.
- Must be able to climb two-three flights of stairs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.