The Center for Craft
Center for Craft (previously known as The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design), a 501c3 nonprofit arts organization located in downtown Asheville, NC, is currently seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will contribute to the timely and effective implementation of Center for Craft’s marketing and communications activities, with a focus on social media management and event promotion. This is a 29 hour per week part-time position, with occasional evenings/weekends for events.
- BA/BFA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills, and comfortable on a Mac
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube, and Soundcloud is required
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email services is preferred
- Must have some HTML/ web design skills, experience with WordPress, ReadyMag, Webflow, and Google Analytics is preferred
- Graphic Design/Adobe Creative Suite experience required, photo editing skills required and video editing experience preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously and to work independently
- Interest in Contemporary Craft/Art is preferred
- Develop content for Center for Craft’s social media and manage regular postings and social engagement
- Update the Center’s websites accurately and regularly
- Coordinate, design, and publish email blasts and newsletters
- Assist with the creation and distribution of press releases
- Create press kits and packets as needed, and respond to media and photo requests
- Design simple program graphics, flyers, postcards, exhibition labels, and rack cards for web and print (using Center for Craft brand styles)
- Edit public program descriptions for marketability, assist with event promotion
- Track and report statistics on website (Google Analytics), social media, and email newsletter
- Copyedit materials as needed, and facilitate in-house/external editing process and signoffs
- Edit and upload audio files and videos to Vimeo and Soundcloud
The Center for Craft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. The Center encourages applications from traditionally under-represented minority populations. Submitting an application does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
Email the completed employment application, resumé, cover letter, 3 professional references, work samples (2 writing and 2 graphic design) to Mellanee Goodman at email@example.com by July 1, 11:59 pm. No phone calls please.
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR CRAFT
Founded in 1996, the Center for Craft (formerly The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design) is the leading organization in the United States identifying and convening craft makers, curators, and researchers, and matching them with resources, tools, and networks to advance their careers. Over the years, the Center has become a vital community resource, serving thousands of visitors annually. As a national 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the field of craft, the Center administers more than $300,000 in grants to those working in the craft field. Follow the Center at centerforcraft.org, and on Facebook and Instagram.
To apply for this job please visit www.centerforcraft.org.