Website Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
The position is responsible for the efficient management of the day-to-day activities of the integrated and mission-focused ASO’s Artistic and Education and Community Engagement departments. Under the supervision of Chief Artistic Officer, the position is responsible for programming select concerts as well as budgeting and negotiating guest artist fees for both the Artistic and EDCE departments. He/she spearheads planning and implementation of the ASO musicians’ chamber concert series and other initiatives including creating in-house programs for run-outs, and works closely with Associate Director of Education and Community Engagement on building a series of side by side concerts between ASO and high school orchestras, bands and choruses. Associate Director of Integrated Artistic Planning and Community Engagement supervises the Artistic Liaison and oversees the Assistant Conductor in all his/her artistic, EDCE and Atlanta Symphony Hall’s activities, including scheduling, programming, budgeting and logistics of all his/her performances. This position is also responsible for the administrative oversight of the Artistic Department, including the implementation of ArtsVision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In close cooperation with Chief Artistic Officer, lead Artistic Department in planning and implementation of all artistic activities and ensure the smooth running of each week’s ASO concerts.
- Assume the primary responsibilities for the administration of the Artistic Department, including managing the Artist Liaison and working in coordination with the Executive Assistant to the Music Director.
- Be the primary point person for budgeting responsibilities within the Artistic Department, including the concert proforma process.
- Under the guidance of Chief Artistic Officer, program and produce select ASO’s artistic and education/community concerts including stand-alone performances, runouts, residences and side-by-sides.
- Carry out negotiation of contracts for guest artists both for Artistic and Education departments and ensure the contract issuing and artist payment.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee all activities of Assistant Conductor, as well as artists and composers in residence. Plan and manage all composer activities (both on the artistic and EDCE sides) during composer visits. Plan and manage guest artist appearances at educational events.
- Serve as a liaison with other departments on all programming and artist updates.
- Plan and execute auditions for singers and other artists as needed.
- Manage ASO Chamber Series, including identifying and reserving dates for the series, communicating all relevant information, coordinating programs with all parties (venue, musicians, etc.), and tracking musician payment.
- In partnership with Operations, plan and oversee the implementation of recording projects.
- Oversee the effective implementation and functioning of the artistic side in regard to ArtsVision.
- Provide administrative support for ASOPA’s and board’s Artistic Advisory Committee meetings.
- Work collaboratively with other cultural organizations in Atlanta as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of classical music and artists
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- Ability to identify artistic quality and innovative thinking in project planning
- Well-developed critical thinking, problem solving and project planning skills
- Ability to hire, develop and retain staff, manage budgets, and meet goals
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships and collaborate internally and externally for the benefit of the organization
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrable ability to multi-task and execute plans effectively in fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule which includes ability to provide weekend and evening concert coverage as needed in addition to business day responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at management and staff levels both formally and informally
- Professional manager level desktop computing proficiency
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com