Center for Puppetry Arts
The Center for Puppetry Arts is the largest nonprofit organization in the United States dedicated to the art form of puppetry. The Center’s mission is to inspire imagination, education, and community through the global art of puppetry. For forty years, the Center has introduced millions of visitors of all ages to the wonder and artistry of puppetry through three key programming areas: Performance, Museum, and Education. These program areas work in tandem to showcase puppetry in action, as a fine art, and as a gateway to imagination. For further information, visit our website at puppet.org
The Center for Puppetry Arts is seeking a social media manager to join its marketing team! This position will be responsible for managing the Center’s social media presence, blog and building an overall digital content strategy. This person will also work with the entire team to brainstorm and develop an overall marketing strategy and will assist as needed with events, media relations, email marketing, data management, and other marketing initiatives. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
Plan and execute a social media content marketing strategy that engages and retains current audiences while building new audiences for the Center.
- Manage Center for Puppetry Arts’ presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Plan, write and schedule regular content for each platform
- Act as a social media reporter for the Center each day to capture and push out sharable moments in real-time
- Act as a customer service agent through social media, answering questions or redirecting questions as they arise
- Plan and write regular blog content
- Work with other departments to plan and prioritize content around upcoming programming
- Manage paid Facebook and Instagram ads
- Cover special Center events live on social media
- Keep up with content and social marketing trends in order to adjust content strategy as needed
- Maintain online event listings with partner publications
- Assist with website management and email marketing
- Track and report analytics on campaigns and ad engagement
Required skills and experience:
- Degree from a four-year university
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working in social media and marketing
- Experience with Facebook advertising; must be familiar with ad targeting and writing ad copy
- Google Analytics
- Must love puppets!
- Email marketing experience
- Experience writing press releases
Instructions for application:
Please e-mail your resume, a letter of interest, and salary requirements or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.puppet.org.